High Speed Vehicles

Moderators: Owner, Manager, Lead Administrator, Senior Administrator

Nat

High Speed Vehicles

Post by Nat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm

Hello,
I am a fairly new player to this server and I already found a major issue with how the pursuits, in terms of vehicle selection. I find it highly unfair, and gives a massive advantage to the cops that they are able to use high speed vehicles such as the Bullet, Infernus, Turismo etc. Now I understand that most of these vehicles are restricted for VIP players only, but imagine the regular Bob who is driving around in a Taxi, Stafford, Huntley etc; those slower and heavier vehicles. How is that fair to Bob? I know that escaping the police shouldn't be a walk in the park, something that easy but at least give Bob a decent chance if knows how to control his vehicle, all the secret routes etc.

Imagine Bob driving across from Stage 25 to Market S - curve, counter PIT'ing all the cops, and out of nowhere from behind, a Bullet speeds up past him (and let's add that the driver of the Bullet is laggy as well) and he goes for a counter, and before he knows it, he is flung up into the air and his car is flipped/totaled. That's not fair. If the other normal cruisers and Sultan are either barely faster than him or around the same max speed, then how is it fair for a Bullet than can top out the Huntley's max speed in like three seconds?

Enough ranting. Here's my suggestion.

One: The high speed vehicles can remain but only if the the criminal has one of the same max speed or slightly lower to the Bullet, Infernus, Tursimo etc. So let's say for example, if a criminal has a Bullet as well, then it can be allowed to have a Bullet, Turismo etc because a normal cop car can't keep up with these vehicles, and then the high speed vehicles would be a great use for this. But if the criminal has like a taxi or something, then allow everyone to have vehicles around the same max speed (Sultan, Premier, normal cop cars etc) to balance the opportunities of escaping and apprehending.

So now, regular Bob can feel alright if he gets caught, because maybe he made a wrong turn, maybe the guy had high ping, or maybe he crashed into something? You don't know. But at least it's not due to two Bullets racing up to him and PIT'ing him at the same time.

Lemme' know what you think.

Thunder
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Re: High Speed Vehicles

Post by Thunder » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Moved to the English section.

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Agree.

Alternatively, there could be just be one high speed vehicle during pursuits similar to the helicopter feature.

insus100
Owner
Owner

Post by insus100 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Nat wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm
Hello,
I am a fairly new player to this server and I already found a major issue with how the pursuits, in terms of vehicle selection. I find it highly unfair, and gives a massive advantage to the cops that they are able to use high speed vehicles such as the Bullet, Infernus, Turismo etc. Now I understand that most of these vehicles are restricted for VIP players only, but imagine the regular Bob who is driving around in a Taxi, Stafford, Huntley etc; those slower and heavier vehicles. How is that fair to Bob? I know that escaping the police shouldn't be a walk in the park, something that easy but at least give Bob a decent chance if knows how to control his vehicle, all the secret routes etc.

Imagine Bob driving across from Stage 25 to Market S - curve, counter PIT'ing all the cops, and out of nowhere from behind, a Bullet speeds up past him (and let's add that the driver of the Bullet is laggy as well) and he goes for a counter, and before he knows it, he is flung up into the air and his car is flipped/totaled. That's not fair. If the other normal cruisers and Sultan are either barely faster than him or around the same max speed, then how is it fair for a Bullet than can top out the Huntley's max speed in like three seconds?

Enough ranting. Here's my suggestion.

One: The high speed vehicles can remain but only if the the criminal has one of the same max speed or slightly lower to the Bullet, Infernus, Tursimo etc. So let's say for example, if a criminal has a Bullet as well, then it can be allowed to have a Bullet, Turismo etc because a normal cop car can't keep up with these vehicles, and then the high speed vehicles would be a great use for this. But if the criminal has like a taxi or something, then allow everyone to have vehicles around the same max speed (Sultan, Premier, normal cop cars etc) to balance the opportunities of escaping and apprehending.

So now, regular Bob can feel alright if he gets caught, because maybe he made a wrong turn, maybe the guy had high ping, or maybe he crashed into something? You don't know. But at least it's not due to two Bullets racing up to him and PIT'ing him at the same time.

Lemme' know what you think.
HIgh speed cars have a restriction already

Yorkshire
Junior Administrator
Junior Administrator

Post by Yorkshire » Sat May 02, 2020 10:18 am

I see your point, but giving the suspect a supercar like Bullet or Turismo would make most of the cops' vehicles futile. As insus said there is a limit on how many vip cars are allowed in a chase, so that would mean in a high speed chase only 2-3 cops (at best, if there are vips players in the lobby) would be able to keep up with the suspect, rest of them (including the helicopter) would not even be able to have a visual.
There are already measures in place to avoid unfairness:
  • Limited number of vip cars in a pursuit
  • No collisions is enabled for a couple of seconds at the beginning of a pursuit
  • Suspects are spawned in the same car and can driveby, disabling high speed vehicles or even killing their drivers
Also it is suggested to the suspects to corner often rather than try to outspeed the cops. Outmaneuver > outspeed. High speed cars don't have a much bigger advantage over police cruisers when cornering, besides players are tempted to keep them at full throttle which makes them very unstable during a turn.

insus100
Owner
Owner

Post by insus100 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:07 pm

Also HSIU can only be repaired ONCE